Apr 9, 2010

stepping stones..


I'm seriously just done with talking about moving. I need it to just happen (magically if possible) I'm pretty sure I'm getting rejected/ignored because of my pic that I'm sending with my resume....to be continued

On another note...

I wanted to ignore the fact that Del, my roommate, is not really believing/accepting/understanding of me leaving our great arrangement. Living happily with someone for almost 6 years brings bonds, comfort, and family-like feelings that are immeasurable. I will treasure this time of my life with Del. He was one of the 1st people I met and befriended in Chicago. He knew me before Bill (the ex) and has witnessed me transform into the awesome person I'm slowly becoming.
He's encouraging and lets me have my space on so many levels. I need to thank him.

I did a lot of thinking on my trip to Canada. No real soul search, but just a lot of "what ifs" and "how many contingency plans do I really need" type thoughts. I've decided to take a journey into a far more unfamiliar world then just moving 1400 miles across country, which I did when I moved from Dallas. I have no doubt that I can do it, but I'm really scared.

Luckily I'm not career focused, takes a lot of pressure off of my plans. My ultimate goal in life is to just write, volunteer, work part time somewhere that doesn't involve being a slave to spreadsheets.

Speaking of writing...I was turned down by 2 more publishers. Its fine though. I think I need to have more confidence in my work and give off the "I AM A WRITER" aura. I really can't take myself serious so why the hell should I expect anyone else to. If I were serious I think I would just self publish. I've got things to say (I roll my eyes at myself for how funny this sounds)
Even if people don't agree, its time I put it out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment