Apr 13, 2011

Its always SOMETHING or another


Dearest Marilla,

China is teaching me patience. I've come to realize that I'm selfish and have taken a lot of things for granted. For example my living situation. Why on earth would I think Jake would be like Del and let me live with him for like several years or some silliness like that?!?!?!? I was recently informed that I will be homeless June 1st. Jake has found a place with Kozen and they will live the fairytale couple life. I am not bitter, but a little more warning would be nice. It’s fine, it was time to cut the cord anyway. A lot of foreigners, as I've mentioned before, find Chinese mates and become attached and unable or unwilling to do things on their own. Unfortunately I'm different. I'm faced with 2 new problems now that all rely on other people moving their asses.

Problem 1: I can't go to France if I don't have my Visa to get back into China. As excited as everyone is about me going to south of France, I'm looking at the reality of it. Tiger mom can buy all the flights and book all the hotels in the world for me, but it’s useless if I can't go. *side note, tiger mom suggest I fly back to the states to apply for the work visa and she will formally invite me and I "work" for her. I think this woman is hilarious and awesome.* I am now in this time sensitive battle with my school to get me a teaching work visa that they promised to get me and should have gotten 2 months ago. ~practicing patience~

Problem 2: If/when visa is acquired, I still won't leave until June 24th...As ridiculous as it sounds right now, I don't want to impose on anyone (I've clearly done that too much) 24 days is nothing, I know. I've got to look at my options (meaning the cheapest)I have a potential roommate for a new place, but they means looking for a place and paying for rent for 3 months here while I'm in France.

So as I write this, it seems so silly and not a big deal at all. I should be fine, right? Hell I moved to China. I think having these little issues come up makes me practice my resourcefulness. I'm aware of my magic powers (or whatever the hell it is that attracts and brings strange people and unusual circumstances to me)so I just need to use them.

I am thankful and grateful to have so many people cheering me on with every hilarious/insane step I take.

Btw, I'm doing a lot better. The season change and asthma and China are having a fight in my body. I had a cough for 2 weeks that might have given me a
nice 6 pack. Jo took me to the hospital (scariest/funniest/strangest thing I've ever seen) and looked after me, as if I were on a suicide watch. (This guy is crazy and I think he really likes me, good grief) You pay 50cents for a registration card and sort of push your way in to see a doctor. (I'm fortunate that Jo is either flirted with or can sweet "Chinese" talk his way into anywhere...maybe that not a good thing. whatever) Doctor sees you and gives you many things to pick from eastern or western medicine (I choose a nice mixed cocktail of western inhalers and eastern teas). You go to the pharmacy pay and done...I would have never been able to figure this out on my own. I am so happy Jo was there.

Thus is life Marilla and I am learning and living it.

love,

Anne with and 'e'

p.s. please enjoy pic of jo and I on a double decker shanghai tour bus for my bday. he REFUSES to cooperate with the camera. i think we will have a fight soon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment