Nov 16, 2011

After further review


I'm happy to inform that I've been getting many job offers. Albeit from remote and rural areas of China, but what seems like genuine job offers. For example the above photo with the Enron logo. Its a school 2 hours outside of Shanghai that wanted to give me a 2 month trial to see if "I was any good" then they "might" see about a visa. I would have to find a new place in the middle of no where and hope and pray they liked me in 2 months and get paid. I don't really like gambling. So, no thank you.

I decided that going back to the States would be the best strategy. After much internal fighting and endless headaches, this would be a good idea. I could use the break (a dryer, biscuits, fresh air, seeing friends and family) . Joe's 2 years remaining in China could buy me time to reset things. I need a clear palette. I can't imagine getting married with my head in the clouds right now. So basically Joe and I thought me going home and startng a game plan would be best. He finally got me to discuss future talks with him. Short and long term goals list, etc, etc. What I want to do with my life and how I will get it done.

Step one...stable job with income in the US
Step two...take chinese lessons and get back to yoga/fitness 100%
Step three...start planning how to do business


I'm going to use my visa until the end (it was a pain in the ass to get) I will definitely be here until the end of December. I'm guessing February the latest. We'll see where dallas, LA, Chicago.

Send good thoughts and feelings my way.



Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.
- Dolly Parton

Failure does not exist. Failure is simply someone else's opinion of how a certain act should have been completed. Once you believe that no act must be performed in any specific other-directed way, then failing becomes impossible.
- Wayne Dyer

Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible;
and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
- St. Francis of Assisi

No comments:

Post a Comment