Nov 24, 2012

I'm well aware that life is just one big social experiment after another. I think I just take note of it more often than most. Its been raining quite a lot these pass few days and I don't mind having to go to work on crappy days.
One of my favorite kids today told me “I’m not so good” at the beginning of class. I'm assuming because I pound the importance of greeting people and asking how are you and having a real reply. I ask him why and he didn't say anything. I told him “its ok, we'll have a good class”. By the end of the class he was smiling, not at his 100%, but seemingly a little better than before. He hugged me and said thank you at the end of class. I'm not sure if he realized what he said or what he was doing, but he made my chest hurt a little inside. I like the pure honesty of kids. We all have bad days and just telling someone sometimes helps a little, I think.

Happy Thanksgiving, apparently...

No comments:

Post a Comment