Jan 22, 2013

Skinny jeans and Leggings as pants

I've been that person wearing skinny jean and leggings as pants outside in public. The 1st time was an accident (I was tired and rushed out without putting my skirt on). After that I realized that my sweaters* where big and long enough and no one could tell or really cared. Besides grown ass people are walking around in matching flannel teddy bear/hearts/colorful pajamas with church shoes...I think I'm ok.

*I have a guy that I go to for sweaters once every few weeks. He sets up just outside the cheap street market selling stuff out of very large trash bags that smell like lavender and lemon for $2 USD- $8USD. I don't judge and the sweaters are nice. He calls me hei mao, black cat . I think because of my ninja like moves as I look through his bags . I call him laji bao shu shu, trash bag uncle, and he seems to enjoy it for some strange reason.

Anyway a few months ago the weather started changing and it hit me that I was not prepared. I could have quickly had some things made for cheap, but I somehow ended up at Uniqlo and Forever 21. Uniqlo had a sale on EVERYTHING. I got 2 sweaters, a vest, and 4 pairs of skinny jeans (that I might add look good on me) for 500RMB approx. $80USD. Soon after, I popped over to Forever 21 with my friend because so many Chinese people will not shut up about it finally coming to china I walked into this 6 story insane metropolis that is full of people. I ask my friend why the hell does Forever 21 have 6 floors? She said "I don't know, but lets start from the top and work our way down". So we did. I didn't do much damage...5 leggings, 4 shirts (for layering friends, I hate big coats. Plus its no Chicago winter here hahaha), and scarf. All for a grand total of 160RMB approx. $25USD. Stores in China seemed to had recently discovered REAL SALES and discounts. Now if we could only get a Target or TJMaxx up in here...dangerous.

Anne's missing you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment