Feb 9, 2013

It always seems simple.

Seemed pretty simple, catch up on phone calls and emails, clean up/organized, try to get phone fixed. Also Buy a ticket to somewhere outside mainland for less than than $75, because this is the longest I've been on the mainland without leaving. I now understand the importance of those trips to Hong Kong were. The breaks are needed to keep you sane and it turns out 7 months is my limit. I wanted to go to Bangkok but my passport and visa had not been returned. Now that I have my passport, ticket are expensive and it would be INSANE to travel when 1 billion Chinese decide to travel. I know people that can handle that insanity, but I cannot.

Anyway, due to my poor planning, overzealous list making and non action taking method I forgot to buy IP cards from the guy on the corner (he went back to his hometown, wherever the hell that is). I was going to ask one of my Chinese friends to buy me a ticket somewhere for “the local price”, not the “the foreigner place” (alas, my friends have all left to go back to their hometowns throughout China)...The place I get the cheapest best quality cleaning products from, yup closed (all the folks have gone home). I'm not sure why I thought some of these people would be on my schedule and be accommodating. I thought I could go find the “Trash bag uncle”, but of course he's not around. Only thing I've successfully done is get my phone working properly. I spent 3 hours at the China Unicom (like Tmobile in China) store with a very determined man telling me that “he can do it”. I said “ok, lets see”. He was getting visible frustrated and cheering himself on in Japanese (GANBATTE! GANBATTE!) I asked if he was Japanese and most important, if he was going to be O-K. He said that it helped him focused. I told him “ok, you do you and what you gotta do”. He looked at me asked what did that mean. I told him “it means good luck”...

There is a big commerce conference coming with New Zealand, UK, African buyers. I imagine I will never see Joe again.


6 more days to go.


Anne is already behind.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment