Feb 11, 2013

Laxy, its a word...now (Lazy + Relax)

I finally gave up on being productive and have been spending my time at the $6- 24hour- spa across the street from my apartment. For those of you that know me and my fondness for spas, probably know that my 8 and 10 hour stints cannot be taken lightly. I've gone with a few friends, but they bail after 4 or 5 hours. I tell them with practice you can master 10+ hours. How do you not take full advantage of 8 baths (milk pool, rose pool, Chinese medicine pool, 3 whirlpools, cold pool, outdoor Japanese style hot spring like bath) swimming pool, sauna, stem room, lounge rooms with lazy boy with attached TVs, game room, and live show room. Its beyond my understanding how can one pass this up.

I left the spa yesterday day and didn't know what day it was. It sounds ridiculous but that’s what I do, apparently, for Chinese New Year holiday...

I've discovered an interesting phenomenon that happens when people leave for the holidays, you get the “what can I bring you back?” question over and over. I thought getting hongbao (red envelopes with money) was awesome, but this just adds to the holiday fun. I've requested spicy sauce from middle china, vegetables from the south, Taiwan and German medicine and some good old American Aveeno and hair care products. I will be better prepared for next holiday, perhaps a ready-made list is in order. All I need to say is “oh where are you headed, mind grabbing a few of these while you're at it...thanks”. Of course I need to be ready to transport crap back when I travel...the ying and yang of life you know.


4 Days left


Anne has become a vegetable
 

No comments:

Post a Comment