Jul 13, 2015

So yeah...Anne is not in China

I thought long and hard about whether to keep posting here for the following reasons, because I'm...

A. not in China
B. one of millions of people of color traveling
C. have no fascinating stories to share.
D. Only my haphazard lifestyle of "what not to do" or "how it probably shouldn't be done" methods.

I finally decided that I should post that I'm alive and doing ok. I'm in the land of thank yous and consideration and lots of manners. I am not missing Shanghai...at all.
That's all I have to say about that.

I have had the fortune, luck, blessing, or whatever you want to call it to be able to transition from every place I've lived to the next with the patience and understanding of the people I know (I cannot thank you all enough for putting up with me, sharing your friends and lives with me)
Not sure if many of you all remembered my German friend in Shanghai, Erik (I helped him use his amenities in his luxury condo (i.e. large kitchen with an oven, jacuzzi bathtub...etc etc) while helping him when he had back surgery (because I'm a true friend). So this guy, was reassigned to Bangkok 18 months ago and I am lucky enough that he's offered his place for me until I get myself together...job and place of my own (trust, it will happen soon). So no need to worry about me #roughingit . I initially came thinking it would take a week or two to get situated. Turns out no. #realtalk

So you ask, now what? As usual, I'm playing it by ear. I've gotten some corporate training position offers in Bangkok (#fingerscrossed this week) and other rural cities (no thank you). I could bum around the beaches in the south and teach locals English for little pay but very rewarding laid back life. I'm looking at my options still.

23 days in and I'm still ultimately trying to figure Bangkok out.

You'll know when I know.

Anne with an "e" out and counting her blessings!!!


Pictured Erik shopping for teak wood...dude is obsessed with #teak

There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” 
Beverly Sills


1 comment: