Sep 30, 2015

Learning as I go...per usual

I'm passed my 100 day mark here in Bangkok.  Much like POTUS ('cause in my head I am just as important. Don't hate. Hahaha joking...not really)

I should have some things to show for 103 days, right?

Unfortunately, not much to report. Really basic things are happening. I'm trying to get settled into my new apartment, trying to figure out this #robotlife, learn thai (I know only know 10 words at this point SMH), figure out a budget and yes still publish a damn book (I know I'm getting sick of hear ABOUT it too)....

My apartment is nice and cozy, strategically located between my work, #robotlayer, and the hot spots that have a good mix of hip, chill, and cheap deliciously unreal food/entertainment/grocery and street boutique shopping.

My work is ridiculous. Its hard to explain because it is so ridiculous.  With this startup company, I basically play with robots that speak over 25 languages and try to figure out ways for kids to possibly learn/play/use it for school and at home. My team and I are currently preparing for a robot conference in Singapore . Which is why I sadly cannot make it back to the States this year. I finally got an opportunity in Bangkok thats interesting and I had to make a very big sacrifice to keep the job.

Much like it was in China, people just want to speak English to me or assist me by being my personal translator. This is amazing and kind, but problematic. I cannot learn Thai this way. Minor problem, I will get it. I just need to get to it!

Last but not least, I got my 16th and 17th rejection from 2 publishers for my books...Its all part of the process, I just keep going forward.

I found a yoga studio and boxing club near my place so I think I'm pretty set. Thailand is treating very well. I've me some very interesting people and am STILL learning about myself.

Other than a 1st degree burn on my leg because I don't know the proper way to disembark from a motorcycle while riding side saddle (I'm a lady now)...its all good.

I believe thats all for now.

Anne with an "e" over and out.

"I exist as I am, that is enough"
~whitman

2 comments:

  1. I love you beautiful! Thank you for the update on your journeys!

    ReplyDelete