Jan 2, 2016

No crazy, no drama...

My first question is why no one told me how ridiculous those dots looked on my blog...never mind.

I find it funny people insist on new years resolutions and "starting over" on the first of the year. You know you can pick any day to start anew. Matter of fact, I pick a new start or reset date on average 3 to 6 months in a year. hahahaha.

I'm not going to do the oversimplified reflecting or in "in hindsight" dialog that's popular during the beginning of the year. My basic motto as always "do better than yesterday". Everything else is just extra.

My complex is near a river. Near the river is a very small area of shops and run down homes. This is where a handful of unfortunate Thais live that cannot afford condos or homes in the increasing cost of development happening around the city.They sell ice cream, coconuts, chicken and anything to make a buck.
A few weeks ago, I was walking home one night and a tiny little girl walks up to me. There are kids playing about the river or along the sidewalk so it wasn't so strange. She was 4 or 5 maybe bare feet (Safeway feet) and really cute. She was clearly trying to instruct me to do something, but due to my level of Thai now (learning to write the alphabet) I was lost as to what Safeway feet wanted. I figured it wasn't too urgent as she was pulling my dress for me to walk forward slowly. Safeway feet continues to talk about her day, I think, and I continue walking home. We walk a few feet and I hear a lot of dogs barking. There are strays all around and people take them in, but I've never heard this many before. Safeway feet, annoyed, pauses and points in the direction of the barking, like to say "see I was trying to tell you, lots of damn dogs". I start looking around for any adult like human that might know this little girl and it felt like an episode from the Twilight Zone where EVERYONE has disappeared off the planet. Then Safeway feet pulls my dress as to signal me to "get your shit together and lets go". I say to her, "Look, I'm a little afraid too now". My English is lost on her so we continue walking and as the barking got closer and louder she grabs my dress tighter and I sort of pick up the pace.  We reached a gate where maybe 10 dogs were barking like crazy and looking to chew through the metal fence. We hurried passed it.  We get to an opening, a makeshift shanty town alley way, and Safeway feet smiles at me like "ok, this is my stop". She gives me a pleasant thank you and Wai (bow in respect with hands in a prayer position), says bye and runs off.

This little incident reminded me that we are not alone its ok to ask for help whenever we're afraid.


Happy New Year everyone!

























No comments:

Post a Comment