Oct 23, 2011

A year later, lessons learned, looking for Scottie to beam me up and out

This past year has proven to be one of the most challenging for me. Every single day I doubt this decision and then I am immediately reminded, by strangers or friends, that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I still don't know the right answers AND there is a ridiculous learning curve.

As I went jump roping in the park (turns out its the cure for many things, such as zero motivation to deal with life or people) I watch the old people do Tai Chi. There are 2 old men that attempted to teach me and I'm sure they're silently judging me and I my jump rope skills. Whatever, this jump rope got me out the apt. The past 3 days I have been in my apt watching 24. I have heard of this show. I might have seen a few partial episodes, but I never watched religiously. After finishing season 7 (yes 7 damn seasons) I realized that at this point I was falling into some sort of depression. Somehow jump rope was the answer. Also calls from Erick* who sees something is wrong with me and calls me out for walks around the city.

*please recall the injured German whose bathtub I used

I am on my way to Hong Kong...again. I hope to return, a refreshed Anne.
There have been no updates here, because there has been nothing new. I am dealing with the same headaches everyday. Interview for many jobs, one job offer, job sounds promising, take job, get screwed, I'm shocked at outcome...moving on. This last one did pay me (40% less than agreed) so I shouldn't complain...right.

So I've possibly come to the conclusion of "What Would Anne of Green Gables do In China"...she wouldn't fucking come. Bottomline. Anne is crazy but she's a lot smarter than this.

With that said, I'm here and I'm going to stay as long as I can. I don't want to leave here with a bitter taste in my mouth of disdain and frustration. I want to give people and this place a chance. Now to seriously look for other avenues.

Game face back ON.

No comments:

Post a Comment