Aug 10, 2011

So done with Visa procedures and BS

So I got my visa. 3 months, multiple entry...I know ridiculous. I tell Joe and he says "lets get you back to china 1st and we'll figure out the rest when you get here. Keep your calm".Now, I will have to meet Joes "guy" and do what everyone else does and go with the flow when I get back to Shanghai. Joe isn't in Sally Field (Not Without My Daughter) mode so thats a plus.

Reasons I can't keep my calm:

1. I fill out the form and my options
-One entry valid for 3 months from application
-Two entries valid for 3 to 6 months from application
-Multiple entries valid for 6 months from application
-Multiple entries valid for 12 months from application
I of course I chose 12 month...little did I know. I go to the counter and they ask me which one I would like. I point to the one I CHECKED and they say "oh no you can't have that one, you're not a French national". I tell them "ummm ok. I choose door number 3 'Multiple entries valid for 6 months'. He looks at me and says "how about 2 months and 2 entries". I ask him "are we negotiating, do I have that option?" He says the most I can get is 6 months with 2 entries. I tell him "I'll take it". He then tells me "ok, lets try that one" I didn't realize that that discussion was metaphorical. I ended up with 3 months and multiple entries (what wasn't even and option on the application) I swear they make this shit up as they go. Whatever.
I pick up my visa and passport and they don't charge me a processing fee (I didn't ask and I didn't care why. I saved 70Euro in the process)

Another reason I'm not keeping my calm very well...

2. Tiger dad, Alain, tells me that next salary will be less because Hairong deducted the things I bought in Paris from my salary. I told him that the things "I" bought in Paris were paid for BY ME. Alain said that Hairong mention buying me a few clothes and items. I told Alain that she bought those things on her own and how dare...I stopped mid sentence and said "its fine, I will talk to her when she returns to France"(I'm thinking "WTF is wrong with this woman. Did the debt ceiling issue in the State hit her pocket book straight on??!??!!") The nerve of these people. They secretly want me to watch their kids and don't want to compensate for the work I ACTUALLY DO. I'm guessing they're never met anyone from South Dallas, Texas USA. (don't worry, I'm not going to pull the earrings off and go "sista girl" on them yet...I'm keeping my class in tact) I have my visa now so I'm feeling bolder and completely impatient with silly people. Alain gives me this news after Jacques tells me that his mom told him the day before "I really don't want kids.I thought you guys would be able to make me proud, but I was wrong" I thought Jacques was exaggerating but he showed me the email. (mind you in Chinese it sounds 100 times worst then how he simplified it to me in English)
WHO THE HELLS SAYS THIS TO THEIR CHILDREN??!?!?!?

I listen and tell him that maybe she's stressed with work and blah, blah, blah its hard for her too. (I have trouble saying this myself) He looks at me and says "I'm sorry my mom lied to you about many things" I looked at him and gave him a hug and told him he shouldn't apoligize for his mothers behavior. When the hell did my life turn into some Lifetime Original movie? I have no idea what to do with these people.
Tiger dad leaves tomorrow for Germany and he's done with the kids for the summer. Its me and the kids for a few weeks. I've started setting rules for the kids.
*No yelling at each other (no one has tail so don't treat each other like you're animals. Act like a human)
*If you want to eat, you will help (they're in habit of sitting at the table waiting to be served sometimes. I told them "as prince and princess like as you THINK you are, we are all going to work equally"
*Turn the Damn TV off CHARLOTTE (Charlotte is thrown in front of the television whenever tiger mom and dad are too busy or don't care about her performing for them. I told the boys "sit down with her and teach her the alphabet...this is bullshit that she doesn't know that much. I said bullshit so they understood HOW serious I was)
There are about 10 more, but I won't go into too much detail. Most of them are common sense, but they were never taught (especially Miss Charlotte)

“He who teaches children learns more than they do”
-German Proverb

clearly

No comments:

Post a Comment