Jan 15, 2012

Bye bye

After 16 days of reading in my room, meeting unusual/special/interesting people in the hostel, Joe came and picked me up. He said “I got an apt in Shanghai (he'd moved to a “suburb” of Shanghai because of work) and "we can spend your last week together". I was just fine with this because I have seriously checked out of China and just want some relief or a break from it. Anne is tired.

He cooked, I zoned out and happily accepted the princess treatment and sadly counted the days til I leave this guy and China. All of a sudden it was time to leave. At the airport Joe told me he missed me already, that this isn't good-bye because he's just sending me ahead. He was proud of me for not crying. (apparently he was ready with tissues for me to make a scene...does he even now me. good grief)

Anne's heading home

No comments:

Post a Comment