Jan 1, 2012

Last post of the 2011

Although I had planned to be very diligent about posting and updating, there just wasn't much to say. I've moved into a hostel in Shanghai. I don't want to stay in a slumlord type place where I can't really use the restroom or feel like I'm in a closet (plus the sublet was up and finding short term seemed impossible) I like the hostel and its hot rooms and nice and clean duvets, it makes me feel like I'm on holiday. The characters are special and unique per usual in the ladies dorm. Many chinese come to hostels from other cities to stay during the week and go home on the weekends. Very interesting dynamic.
There is an older lady (52 but looks 30 of course) that has "family problems" and is staying in the hostel for a month. Everyone wants to know her story, but none of use can get any info from her. There was a German girl thats here just to get away from everything in Germany, some girls that are illegally teaching in Beijing and looking to come to Shanghai to work. They are blonde hair and blue eyed and love kids. I told them that they would not have any trouble for sure. We've gone to breakfast and hungout a little. I realize how old I am when I hang around 20 somethings...MY GOD. I feel ancient around these creatures.

They wanted me to go out with them for NYE and I had to decline. They took 4 hours to decide what to wear, 2 hours to get ready. They looked great and I somehow ended up helping them get ready (hair pinning, blush applying, accessory and accent decision making (i.e. "is the tiara too much?", "yes, honey") I think this is what its like to send your kids to prom or something. I took their pictures and sent them off. I made some tea and pulled out my laptop. This is better than loud bar, crowed place, spending money I don't have.

Joe is in West China for a week...boo hoo so few students to teach (now the girl that let me use her room has returned) I will miss Benz and a few others. So all my work in Dec will probably all go to a flight home...
We shall see.

I'm attempting to work with a German couple that makes and sells fitness apparel and want to do business in China. I'm not telling them I'm leaving Shanghai and will try to use contacts here (Joe) to help make some money. We'll see. So much money can be made here it just take A LOT of patience. I'm accepting the fact that I'm starting from scratch when I return to Dallas, but I've got many ideas of things I want to do.

So long dangerous ill-mannered pushing crowds, so long strange life prioritizing people, so long inefficient way of doing EVERYTHING, good bye to the yelling, good bye to squatting toliets (I still have not mastered how to use them while wearing pants)...the list goes on


Lets see what next in 2012

1 comment:

  1. You should get a tumblr especially if u post pics n things, i'm disabling my blogger account here since i don't even post on it. I've been using Tumblr but more FB than anything since really i've not been up to much...
    don't worry i'll still check up on your bloggr

    ReplyDelete