Oct 14, 2010

Dear Marilla...

I am still wrapping my head around the idea of instant gratification here in Shanghai. ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING CAN BE DELIVERED TO YOUR FRONT DOOR. From sushi, cigs, McDonalds, or whatever you want even from the convenient store downstairs in your building. It can be done...crazy.

Anyway

I registered with the police and got my paperwork work for temp residency. Apparently they will send an officer to your place to make sure you really are dwelling at the residence. It seems a bit much but it should be fine.
Although I should be heavy job hunting, I'm finding that there is so much more to do. I want to put myself on a schedule so that I can be more productive. I'm waiting for this coma I'm in to pass. As I stood on top of yet another rooftop bar and looked at the insane skyline, I kept thinking "wake up". My bank account isn't dreaming though. Thats my reality check. Its really cheap being here, but when the balance is decreasing and with no income, it becomes a little worrisome. I'm seriously not stressin' about in.

I'm going to go pick up my new tailored suit next week, so that I will do some classy job interviewing. My tailored suit from the fabric market (a warehouse like place that you pick your material and show them a picture and bam new outfit) approx $50USD. Ridic!!!

I'm sure once I get a job, I'll be using the market for lots of homemade tops *if you know what I mean*

Thats all for now. Gilbert has things for us to do today.

Love,

Anne Shirley

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to now you are happy and doing well. As always, I enjoy and have fun reading your blog. Miss you DanielleAnne! (Ale)

    ReplyDelete