Jul 20, 2011

Jo is ok and I'm feeling better but...

I've started writing many times and kept stopping because its unbelieveable the things I'm experiencing...

Hairong and I have had many heart to heart conversations these past few weeks. It breaks my heart that someone so rich, sweet, kind, and scary can have the life she's living. She's so worried about her sons and what’s going to happen to them after she’s gone. She is clueless about how to educate boys that have been given such a life and don't have the same drive and determination she does. It seems she's lonely and has few confidantes.

So this is the story...
She is not married to the tiger father apparently. (I KNOW, RIGHT! THAT IS THE TIP OF THE DAMN ICEBURG) Tiger dad, Alain, has and an ex-wife and 3 children, ages from 17 to 27. They all go to Alain for money. Hairong said she won't marry him, because she doesn’t' want any of her money to go to lazy, selfish people that don’t work or want to be proper members of socitey...(I'm with her on that!!!) I've met 2 of the children. French guys are afraid of their kids, no joke. Alain has told his children all the homes (12 on 3 different continents) that Hairong has bought and own are his homes and its ok for them to call it 'their' home. I've see fire in Hairong eyes when he's said this (I’ve heard it many times now). Hairong has told me on many occasions that she’s never married or would marry for money. She is extremely hard working and driven. The 'home' Alains kids liked the most is in Normandy (its a chateau, no exaggeration. a damn castle). The kids complained a few weeks ago about some things needing 'fixed' and that they needed more help (they can't possible wash their own clothes or cook themselves) and that their father should take care of it.
Without warning or notice, Hairong and I took a train to Normandy 3 days ago. Met 3 very good looking men at the castle. She signed some papers and told me, "fin, this place is full of bad memories.” We headed back to Toulon. She sold the place to some neighbor that had been asking to buy it for the past 10 years. She told Alain when we came back to Toulon "you should tell the children thats not 'home' anymore. Now what should I make for dinner”. Hairong has been with Alain for over 10 years now. She says she MIGHT marry him when she’s 80 or something, but not a second before. She’s explained to me that the laws in France are not fair if the woman has more money than the man. C’est la vie.
Then there is the 1st wife of her husband that ran off with the Russian girl (Russia girl was his 3rd wife). Jacques and Pierre’s father…Her name is Annez and she is probably the scariest person next to Alain’s kids. She works as a teacher in Paris. Had been divorced from Hairong’s husband 10 years before Hairong married him. She says they are “special friends”. The people around Hairong make me really understand that saying “keep your friends close and your enemies closer”. Annez has tried to pay off a few of Hairong’s drivers to get evidence that could be used against her and have have Hairong committed to an insane asylum. In addition to the heart to hearts I’ve had with Hairong, I’ve spoken with a lot of the help since I’ve known the kids. I have a face that looks like I should be told these things I guess…
Anyway, that’s the main cast of characters I’ve been dealing with on the regular. I’m sure more will follow. Focus now is on visa. Joe really thinks I don’t want to come back, so I need to prove him wrong.

Really wish you all were here with me to witness the going ons here, alas...

Love,
Tired anne w/ an 'e'

No comments:

Post a Comment