Jul 11, 2011

my problems are small...i know



When he finally called, Jo seemed fine. He’s worried and didn’t want me to be worried. So this was his logic behind not really explaining things to me in the first place. He’s looking for a doctor that is or could be somewhat reliable. In China, this is very complicated. Many foreigners I know say that they just go home for any major medical procedures. This may sound racist but considering Jo is from Nigeria, I’m not sure if healthcare is really that much different from China. (think what you want, but I’m American. I take things for granted…I know) The doctors in China are crazy because they see a million people daily. The international hospitals are ok, but extremely overpriced. (no surprises there) So finding someone that understands your health problem AND someone to take care of it are massive upheavals. If you’re educated and able to question things, they tend can get very defensive. (losing face and all)
He says he’ll keep me posted…I can only hope he does. Meanwhile he text messages me that he’s putting more money on my phone because we keep talking so much (WHOSE FAULT IS THAT?!?!?) GUYS ARE DUMB.
I’m 15 days into this little joyride and/or holiday thing. Tiger dad has shown up and the family is all over the place. They want to remodel the 3rd house and move furniture around and blah, blah, blah domestic things I’m not interested in. I think I will venture out on my own more now. The Chinese drivers and the ayi’s (maids) 30 day visas are almost up so I wonder what will happen. I’m sure it will be fine.

So news on the Shanghai front…

Those idiots at the pimp school have lost their minds. So apparently my students don’t like their replacements (cause I can’t teach while I’m in France) and they want me to return as soon as possible. The head lady was fired and the new ‘john’ is even crazier. Someone thought it was a good idea not to pay me my salary from the last 2 months to make sure “I come back”. What is wrong with people?!?!?!?! I will deal with that when I return to Shanghai. Now to take one challenge at a time…get back to Shanghai.
That’s all for now. I will post more pics later. I look forward to reading my snail mail (^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment